Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you guys watching this issue? Potential closure of Monticello Box Canyon!

Share/Bookmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Zane is the big dollar Texan who purchased the land in the middle of the box and is turning it into a hunting preserve and has blocked everyone else out.
    2000 Jeep XJ, D60/60, 3 link front/4 link rear, stretched to 115", 35 spline axles front and rear with spools, 5.13 gears, 42" TSL/SX, Exo-cage, Donut Spare Tire
    2008 Jeep JKU, Sprintex Supercharger, 37s, Rubicrawler box, Front, Clayton 3 link Long Arm, D44, 35 Spline RCV shafts, ARB, Rear, D44, 35 Spline Shafts, ARB & 5.13 gears
    1991 Chevy Suburban V2500, Superlift 6" front springs, DIY4X Shakle Flip and 1" zero rate rear, 38.5 TSL/SX, 5.13 gears, Lincoln Locker front, Detroit Locker rear

Post Thanks / Like

Not enough land in Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like any legal action is futile as far as keeping public land open goes. The Las Cruces Four Wheel Drive club has lost these battles time and time again. I do not see a long term future for four wheeling on public lands. The conservatives want to make all the land private, and the liberals want to turn everything into wilderness areas. We get screwed either way. I am sure it won't be long before the west is just like the east, and the only four wheeling will be on small private parks that you have to drive hundreds of miles for and pay to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently they just fenced La Bajada also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
    It seems like any legal action is futile as far as keeping public land open goes. The Las Cruces Four Wheel Drive club has lost these battles time and time again. I do not see a long term future for four wheeling on public lands. The conservatives want to make all the land private, and the liberals want to turn everything into wilderness areas. We get screwed either way. I am sure it won't be long before the west is just like the east, and the only four wheeling will be on small private parks that you have to drive hundreds of miles for and pay to use.
    It just takes very deep pockets. The fact that Kiene offered to settle shows that there was reason for concern if the case was to proceed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fleg View Post
    Apparently they just fenced La Bajada also.
    True story.
    When there's frost on the pumpkin...