Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Baofeng UV-5R+

Share/Bookmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Baofeng UV-5R+

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of external/mag mount antennas are you using? Pros/Cons and would you recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

I stole one of Stevers a long time ago. The antenna is by far the worst part but it has a funky thread on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to try the Tram 1185 mag mount. For the price I guess I'm not expecting a miracle, but it'll at least hopefully be a bit better.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one on ebay shipped from China for under $10. It has worked great. I can get more details on it when I get back home

edit: it is a Nagoya NA-UT108 SMA-F SF Dual Band Mobile Radio Antenna The magnetic base is small but has been strong and never tipped over yet. The antenna itself is really thin but overall it seems to work good and it has the correct plug for the baofeng.
    Last edited by Brian1; 11-08-2015 at 08:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I went with the Tram and the adapter plug thing. I haven't installed it in the truck yet, so no news yet.

I don't really like how the mag mount antenna leaves cable strung across the roof, but haven't figured out a non-duct tape solution yet.

I also don't like the in-dash cup holders in my truck. So, I pulled them out and made a place to mount my hand held.

I have a 20" swa to vhf adapter so everything tucks away. I still need to make a clip to attach the hand mic to and that'll be that for the time being. I'm planning to get a small multi-band transceiver and mount it in the cup holder space down the road so this is temporary and will turn in to a trim plate once the mobile is mounted.
    Last edited by xbombtek; 11-21-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Duplicate